(CNN) - At least 36 people have been confirmed dead as a result of Hurricane Michael, according to authorities.
The number rose Saturday after a local medical examiner confirmed the death of a woman in Bay County, Florida, bringing the death toll in Florida alone to 26.
Authorities did not offer additional details on the death.
Officials in four states -- Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia -- have each confirmed people died as a result of the storm.
The latest death toll comes 20 days after Michael ravaged the Florida Panhandle and wrought havoc in a slew of Southern states that were battered by powerful winds and inundated with floodwater.
- Trump court pick denounced feminists, gay-rights groups
- Police make arrest in death of retired college administrator
- Appeals court says Colorado elector didn't have to vote for Clinton
- The Amazon is on fire. Here's what that means for the environment
- Miley Cyrus denies cheating on Liam Hemsworth in series of tweets
- New York man crushed to death by elevator at apartment building
- Atacama Desert offers clues about life on Mars
- Meghan's friend calls out 'racist bullies' who abuse duchess