(CNN) - At least 36 people have been confirmed dead as a result of Hurricane Michael, according to authorities.
The number rose Saturday after a local medical examiner confirmed the death of a woman in Bay County, Florida, bringing the death toll in Florida alone to 26.
Authorities did not offer additional details on the death.
Officials in four states -- Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia -- have each confirmed people died as a result of the storm.
The latest death toll comes 20 days after Michael ravaged the Florida Panhandle and wrought havoc in a slew of Southern states that were battered by powerful winds and inundated with floodwater.
- 7 things to watch during Democratic presidential debate
- Dow pops 250 points on blockbuster earnings
- Gymboree being revived in early 2020
- Record melting sees Swiss glaciers shrink 10% in five years
- AMC Theatres enters streaming market with on demand service
- Ohio voters voice Trump dismay but unsure about impeachment
- NASA unveils new spacesuits for next trip to moon
- Puerto Rico governor calls urgent meeting after shooting