(CNN) - The fire on an electronic billboard in New York's Times Square is under control, the city's fire department said Saturday afternoon.
Firefighters responded about 3 p.m. to reports of a billboard on fire at the 3 Times Square building, also known as the Thomson Reuters building, a New York City Fire Department spokesperson said.
The sign covers about four floors of the building but the flames did not spread beyond the sign.
No injuries have been reported.
The sign was "de-energized" after 80 firefighters responded to the building, the spokesperson said.
It's unclear what caused the fire.
- Mark Allen, soldier injured in 2009 search for Bowe Bergdahl, dies
- Year after kidnapping, Jayme Closs says she feels 'stronger every day'
- Ronan Farrow says National Enquirer shredded Trump-related documents
- US troops angered by Trump's Syria policy: 'We betrayed' the Kurds
- Experts question Trump's Turkey rhetoric
- Hunter Biden to sit down for TV interview Tuesday
- Many US Nobel Prize winners immigrants
- The Saddleridge fire near Los Angeles is 43% contained