HOBBS, New Mexico (CNN) - Three people died and four others were injured in a shooting at a house party in Hobbs, New Mexico, police said.
Khalil Carter, 18, Kristal Avena, 24, and Lamar Lee Kane Jr., 22, died at the scene, the Hobbs Police Department said in a release.
Four people aged 20-23 were taken to hospitals for treatment, and at least one person has been released, the police department said.
Police said they responded to a call about a loud party and shots fired around 12:48 a.m. Sunday morning in Hobbs, in the southeast corner of the state near the Texas border.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto