HOBBS, New Mexico (CNN) - Three people died and four others were injured in a shooting at a house party in Hobbs, New Mexico, police said.
Khalil Carter, 18, Kristal Avena, 24, and Lamar Lee Kane Jr., 22, died at the scene, the Hobbs Police Department said in a release.
Four people aged 20-23 were taken to hospitals for treatment, and at least one person has been released, the police department said.
Police said they responded to a call about a loud party and shots fired around 12:48 a.m. Sunday morning in Hobbs, in the southeast corner of the state near the Texas border.
- Study: North America has lost 2.9 billion birds since 1970
- Washington Post: Carson made dismissive comments on transgenders
- Afghanistan official says US drone strike killed 16 civilians
- Maine laws expanding abortion access go into effect
- Flaw in iOS 13 can expose your contact details
- Dave wins 2019 Mercury Prize for best album of the year
- 1,000 Amazon employees plan walkout Friday
- Crew member who survived dive boat fire sues owners