(CNN) - Sometimes a touchdown is so exciting, you just gotta ... uh... punch your quarterback in the face?
That's exactly what Rutgers center Mike Maietti did on Saturday, when the Scarlet Knights scored against the Boston College Eagles.
After Rutgers quarterback Art Sitkowski connected with wide open running back Raheem Blackshear on a 74-yard pass, Maietti ran to Sitkowski, picked him up, and punched him straight in the face.
Despite the blow, everything appeared to be fine. Sitkowski's head whipped back and the two carried on celebrating like nothing strange happened.
Sadly, Rutgers couldn't punch its way to a victory. The Eagles beat them 30-16.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto