LACONIA, New Hampshire - Patriots safety Patrick Chung has been indicted on a charge of possessing cocaine in New Hampshire, WMUR reported.
Authorities said Chung, 32, knowingly possessed cocaine on June 25 while in Meredith.
Chung was indicted by a Belknap County grand jury on Aug. 8. His arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 28.
Chung has played for the Patriots for nine of his 10 NFL seasons, winning three Super Bowls during that time.
"We are aware of the reports regarding Patrick Chung. We will not be commenting while his judicial proceedings take place," Stacey James, vice president of media relations for the Patriots, said in a statement.
The NFL Players Association has no comment about the indictment.
Meredith police will not be commenting, per a request of the Belknap County Attorney's Office. Officials in that office are also not commenting about the indictment.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto