(CNN) - California authorities are searching for a teenager who was last seen in the company of her mother and a man -- both of whom are suspected of murder.
Alora Benitez, 15, was last seen Wednesday in Torrance, California, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Benitez is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighing 100 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was seen getting into a white sedan with Maricela Mercado and Roman Cerratos, authorities said.
The BMW sedan had a Nevada license plate that read "MARIMAR."
Police say Mercado, 40, and Cerratos, 39, are suspects in a murder investigation. The victim, Jeffrey Appel, 32, was found dead Tuesday in the front seat of a white Audi in the city of Carson. Detectives have not said how Appel died.
Authorities warn that Mercado and Cerratos should be considered armed and dangerous.
CNN's Stella Chan contributed to this report
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto