WELLINGTON, Fla. (WPLG Local10.com) - A man accused of masturbating while looking through a girl's bedroom window in Wellington was beaten up by the girl's father and arrested, deputies said.
Geoffrey Cassidy, 48, was arrested Monday on a charge of lewd and lascivious exhibition. Cassidy's arrest photo shows him with a black eye and a cut on his lip.
According to a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office probable cause affidavit, the girl's father caught Cassidy crouched in some bushes by the window with his hands in his pants.
The father yelled at Cassidy, who ran away. But the father, identified by WPBF as former NFL defensive back Tony Beckham, chased after Cassidy and tackled him to the ground.
A neighbor heard the commotion and called 911.
When a deputy arrived, Cassidy and Beckham were fighting. According to the affidavit, Cassidy tried to run away, but he stumbled and fell down. The deputy then placed him in handcuffs.
The girl told the deputy she had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed when Cassidy was looking through the window.
Cassidy was taken to Wellington Regional Medical Center to be treated for fractures to his face and eye. Cassidy denied looking in the window, claiming he was in the neighborhood because his car had broken down and he was waiting for it to cool down.
Beckham spent five seasons in the NFL as a cornerback for the Tennessee Titans and Detroit Lions.
Cassidy was being held at the West Detention Center on a $1,500 bond.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto