WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- (BUSINESS WIRE) - More than 64,000 cases of canned corn have been recalled, Del Monte Foods Inc. announced on Tuesday.
The 15.25-ounce (432g) cans of Fiesta Corn Seasons with Red & Green Peppers were recalled due to under-processing. Del Monte says these products were distributed to locations in 25 states in the U.S. and 12 international locations.
"These deviations were part of the commercial sterilization process and could result in contamination by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed," Del Monte said in a news release.
No illnesses have been reported in association with the 64,242 cases of recalled canned corn.
To determine if a particular can is contaminated, look for UPC number 24000 02770 printed on the label with one of the following "Best if Used By" dates:
- Aug. 14, 2021
- Aug. 15, 2021
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Sept. 3, 2021
- Sept. 4, 2021
- Sept. 5, 2021
- Sept. 6, 2021
- Sept. 22, 2021
- Sept. 23, 2021
Locations distributed include:
States: Alaska, Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin
International locations: Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, El Salvador, Haiti, Guyana, Uruguay, Aruba, Panama, Saint Lucia, Suriname
Consumers with cans with the above UPC code and "Best if Used By" dates should return them to where they purchased them from for a refund or exchange. Anyone with questions can call Del Monte's toll-free hotline at 800-779-7035, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, or by logging onto delmontefoods.com.
- Pompeo says Saudi attack 'act of war' as Trump orders new sanctions
- Streaming wars scorecard: What to watch and how much it will cost
- Trump raises $15 million despite war with top California officials
- How the GM strike could start a Midwest recession
- The Fed cut rates for the second time this year
- HUD official issued warning for violating Hatch Act
- US Navy confirms these UFO videos are real deal
- New Mexico gov announces free college tuition plan for residents