(CNN) - Last week, no one knew the random black cat that delayed Monday's NFL game. This week, the cat's been announced as a starter for the Dallas Cowboys.
The Cowboys listed the black cat as "MVP Rally Cat" in a tweet announcing this week's starting lineup against the Minnesota Vikings. The graphic also included the blue Cowboys star in the pupil of the cat.
The frantic feline took to the field during the second quarter Monday when the Cowboys were playing the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium. Evading New Jersey state troopers, the cat scored its own touchdown and the crowd -- Cowboys and Giants fans alike -- erupted in cheers. The cat then disappeared into a tunnel and into the night.
The cat was bad luck for the Giants, but good luck for the Cowboys, who won 37-18.
Seems the cat's luck ran out for the Cowboys this week, the Vikings won 28-24.
CNN's Elizabeth Wolfe and Justin Lear contributed to this report.
- Saudi shooter at Pensacola was taking aviation classes
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- Pete Buttigieg's rise brings on the scrutiny
- Buttigieg releases descriptions of McKinsey projects
- Reddit says UK election document leak points to Russia
- Players pictured under controversial 'Black Friday' headline embrace
- Iran releases American student
- 12 protesters killed in Baghdad