(CNN) - It's every football player's dream to score the game-winning touchdown. Duke Williams did it in his first NFL game.
The Buffalo Bills wide receiver scored the game-winning touchdown against the Tennessee Titans just days after being promoted from the practice squad.
Williams was promoted Friday and on Sunday, he caught the seven-yard pass. The Bills defeated the Titans 14-7.
Before he was signed by the Bills in January, Williams was one of the top receivers in the Canadian Football League (CFL), according to the Bills' website.
He played college football at Auburn University, went undrafted and signed to the Los Angeles Rams minicamp in spring 2016, but was released in September 2016.
CNN's Adam Renuart contributed to this report.
- Rep. Elijah Cummings' body will lie in state at Capitol next week
- Hong Kong chief executive defends police
- Indiana driver found guilty of homicide
- Weapons seized from neo-Nazi leader in Washington
- Prince estate releases unheard track
- Clinton server email use investigated
- Drug companies fail to reach settlement ahead of opioid crisis trial
- Woman who livestreamed crash that killed sister arrested again