(CNN) - It's every football player's dream to score the game-winning touchdown. Duke Williams did it in his first NFL game.
The Buffalo Bills wide receiver scored the game-winning touchdown against the Tennessee Titans just days after being promoted from the practice squad.
Williams was promoted Friday and on Sunday, he caught the seven-yard pass. The Bills defeated the Titans 14-7.
Before he was signed by the Bills in January, Williams was one of the top receivers in the Canadian Football League (CFL), according to the Bills' website.
He played college football at Auburn University, went undrafted and signed to the Los Angeles Rams minicamp in spring 2016, but was released in September 2016.
CNN's Adam Renuart contributed to this report.
- Judiciary Committee approves 2 articles of impeachment
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- Trump confirms 'phase one' trade deal with China
- Atlanta attorney missing since Dec. 6
- Olivia Wilde addresses controversy around 'Richard Jewell' character
- Jason Aldean talks trauma of Vegas shooting
- 'Love Island' host Caroline Flack charged with assault
- Stocks inch lower on confusion about US-China trade talks