Arizona uses the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft Thursday night to pick Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray, The Associated Press reported.
The Heisman Trophy winner is the second-straight Sooners quarterback taken at the top of the draft. Trophy winner Baker Mayfield went to Cleveland last year.
Murray averaged 11.6 years per pass attempt in 2018, the highest average by a quarterback with 200-plus attempts in a single season over the last five years, NFL.com said.
In his only starting season at Oklahoma, Murray completed 69 percent of 377 pass attempts for more than 4,300 yards and 42 touchdowns, NFL.com said. He also had 1,001 rushing yards and 12 rushing scores.
Nick Bosa, an edge from Ohio State, was the No. 2 pick for San Francisco. The New York Jets chose Qunnine Williams, a defensive lineman from Alabama, for the third pick. With the No. 4 pick, Clemson edge Clelin Ferrell was chosen by the Oakland Raiders. Tamp Bay took Louisiana State University linebacker Devin White as the No. 5 pick.
- Pelosi slams Trump's arm sales, troop deployments
- Medics in the Bahamas can smell dead bodies
- The Amazon is still burning
- 'Gully Boy' is India's official entry to the 92nd Academy Awards
- South Korea's young men are fighting against feminism
- NYC judge: Pay undocumented tenant thousands for threatening ICE call
- Los Angeles declared September 21 'Earth, Wind & Fire Day'
- Poll: Warren surges, Biden fades in close Iowa race