Arizona uses the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft Thursday night to pick Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray, The Associated Press reported.
The Heisman Trophy winner is the second-straight Sooners quarterback taken at the top of the draft. Trophy winner Baker Mayfield went to Cleveland last year.
Murray averaged 11.6 years per pass attempt in 2018, the highest average by a quarterback with 200-plus attempts in a single season over the last five years, NFL.com said.
In his only starting season at Oklahoma, Murray completed 69 percent of 377 pass attempts for more than 4,300 yards and 42 touchdowns, NFL.com said. He also had 1,001 rushing yards and 12 rushing scores.
Nick Bosa, an edge from Ohio State, was the No. 2 pick for San Francisco. The New York Jets chose Qunnine Williams, a defensive lineman from Alabama, for the third pick. With the No. 4 pick, Clemson edge Clelin Ferrell was chosen by the Oakland Raiders. Tamp Bay took Louisiana State University linebacker Devin White as the No. 5 pick.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto