SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania (CNN) - A Louisiana team won the Little League World Series Sunday.
The Eastbank Little League defeated Curacao 8-0 in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania. The team from River Ridge, a suburb of New Orleans, is also the first team from Louisiana to win the title.
"Playing the game the right way. Having a blast doing it. Repping Louisiana. Claiming the @LittleLeague. We are so proud of @EastBankLL and all of their accomplishments this summer!" Tulane University tweeted.
The team is comprised of 12-year-old boys. It's the second year in a row that an American team has won the series.
CNN's Homero De La Fuente contributed to this report.
- Trump kicking off West Coast trip with New Mexico rally
- White House tells Lewandowski not to answer questions
- DOJ to honor lawyers who supported Kavanaugh nomination
- How to impeach a Supreme Court justice
- Florida wants to hire 50 new citizen python hunters
- Epstein accusers can't receive damages over plea deal
- Anthony Bourdain's possessions will be auctioned off
- Trump says it looks like Iran was behind Saudi oil field attack