The four Chicago Blackhawks fans ejected from the United Center on Saturday over racist taunts directed at Washington Capitals forward Devante Smith-Pelly have been banned from attending Blackhawks home games, according to The Associated Press.
The fans were informed of the decision by the team, a Blackhawks team spokesman wrote in an email to the AP on Monday.
"Racist comments and other inappropriate behavior are not tolerated by the Chicago Blackhawks," Rogowin wrote.
The four fans were ejected from the Blackhawks' 7-1 win over the Capitals on Saturday after chanting "basketball, basketball, basketball" at Smith-Pelly, who is black, while he was sitting in the penalty box.
- It's National Wine Day. Here's some conversation-starters as you sip your day away
- Flour sold at ALDI recalled after 17 people in 8 states get sick
- 2 off-duty airmen disciplined for consuming alcohol at missile alert facility
- Buttigieg accuses Trump of 'eroding the integrity of the military' with possible pardons
- Ex-GOP congressman calls for impeachment, says Trump an 'illegitimate president'