The four Chicago Blackhawks fans ejected from the United Center on Saturday over racist taunts directed at Washington Capitals forward Devante Smith-Pelly have been banned from attending Blackhawks home games, according to The Associated Press.
The fans were informed of the decision by the team, a Blackhawks team spokesman wrote in an email to the AP on Monday.
"Racist comments and other inappropriate behavior are not tolerated by the Chicago Blackhawks," Rogowin wrote.
The four fans were ejected from the Blackhawks' 7-1 win over the Capitals on Saturday after chanting "basketball, basketball, basketball" at Smith-Pelly, who is black, while he was sitting in the penalty box.
- Americans lost $143M in e-dating scams
- 27 hurt on Sacramento, Calif. light rail
- Atlanta official's former wife killed adult children, herself
- Asian markets edge higher
- Senior DHS official exits amid department leadership changes
- Taylor Swift drops 'Lover' video ahead of album launch
- 'Sopranos' actress may testify in Harvey Weinstein trial, source says
- Sen. Tom Cotton says he floated the idea of buying Greenland to Trump