WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Donald Trump has signed a spending bill to avert another government shutdown, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed to reporters on the North Lawn.
She said that the president signed the bill, which both the House and Senate passed last night, about “20 minutes ago.”
Parts of the government were set to shutdown tonight at midnight if the president did not sign the bill into law.
Trump earlier Friday declared a national emergency to unlock billions of dollars in federal funds to build a wall on the southern border, bypassing Congress after lawmakers refused to meet his multi-billion dollar request for border wall funds.
- Philadelphia man free after nearly 28 years
- Excarcelan a clarinetista opositora al gobierno de Maduro
- 5 cosas que debes saber este 17 de julio: ¿es Trump racista?, visas temporales, la crisis política
- Marshall Islands a bit more radioactive
- Abigail Disney visitó Disneyland en secreto y dice que está "furiosa" por lo que vio