(CNN) - A US soldier died Thursday in Germany after being wounded during combat operations in Afghanistan earlier in the week, according to the Defense Department.
Sgt. Cameron A. Meddock died "as a result of injuries sustained from small arms fire during combat operations on Jan. 13, 2019, in Jawand District, Badghis Province, Afghanistan," according a statement the department released Friday.
Meddock, 26, of Amarillo, Texas, was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
- Ahora que ‘Game of Thrones' terminó, ¿qué ver y con qué series y películas obsesionarse?
- Four Indy 500 drivers looking for historic wins
- Trump says Rolling Thunder ride will return, organizers say it won't
- Legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr dies at 85
- Lewis Hamilton dedicates Monaco Grand Prix victory to hero Niki Lauda