(CNN) - Here's a clue Joe Biden might be moving forward with a possible 2020 presidential run: The former vice president was spotted on Thursday in his hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania, with a camera crew.
Scranton local Benjamin Babarsky snapped a photo of Biden and posted it on Twitter Thursday afternoon.
Biden "at his childhood home in #scranton with a film crew, must be getting a campaign ad ready!" Babarsky wrote.
Spokespeople for Biden declined to comment to CNN.
Babarsky told CNN's local TV affiliate, WNEP, that he was walking down North Washington Avenue toward Marywood University when he noticed "a little bit of commotion" and the "street was blocked off."
"There was a police car and once I realized what house it was, I peeked around and snapped a quick picture and Joe Biden was out here," Babarsky told WNEP.
Babarsky did not immediately reply to CNN's request for comment.
Biden and his team are gearing up to announce his plans for the 2020 presidential race this month. Biden alluded to those plans in a video posted online Wednesday, strongly suggesting he would be launching a bid.
"Folks, in the coming month, I'm expecting to be talking to you about a whole lot of issues, and I'll always be direct with you," he said.
Biden made the video in response to allegations he made some women feel uncomfortable in his interactions with them.
Biden addressed the allegations in the video: "I've never thought of politics as cold and antiseptic. I've always thought it about connecting with people, as I said, shaking hands, hands on the shoulder, a hug, encouragement, and now, it's all about taking selfies together. You know, social norms have begun to change, they've shifted, and the boundaries of protecting personal space have been reset, and I get it, I get it."
"I hear what they're saying, I understand it, and I'll be much more mindful, that's my responsibility. My responsibility, and I'll meet it," he said.
- Dow futures slide amid swirl of confusing signals on trade
- 6 takeaways from town halls with Bullock, de Blasio
- 7 dead after small plane and helicopter collide on Spanish Mallorca
- Weinstein to appear in court Monday on indictment not yet made public
- Disney reveals new details about Star Wars hotel, Epcot overhaul
- Louisiana team wins Little League World Series
- Three dead, four injured in shooting at New Mexico party
- Thousands gather to commemorate 400 years since slavery began