As the world's attention is centered on the terrorist attacks in New Zealand, President Donald Trump has shifted his focus Friday, at least according to his Twitter account.
Trump expressed his "warmest sympathy" to the people of New Zealand in a Friday morning tweet after the White House released a statement condemning the mass shooting that left 49 dead and dozens injured, but then he moved on, issuing a series of tweets on various topics.
Trump referenced a segment on Jewish people leaving the Democratic party that aired in the 7 a.m. ET hour of "Fox and Friends" in one tweet. In another, he quoted someone's suggestion that an Obama-era team was working to spy on him in 2015.
Then, as the administration awaits the release of special counsel Robert Mueller's report into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, Trump claimed there "should be no Mueller report" at all.
"So, if there was knowingly & acknowledged to be 'zero' crime when the Special Counsel was appointed, and if the appointment was made based on the Fake Dossier (paid for by Crooked Hillary) and now disgraced Andrew McCabe (he & all stated no crime), then the Special Counsel (should) never have been appointed and there should be no Mueller Report. This was an illegal & conflicted investigation in search of a crime. Russian Collusion was nothing more than an excuse by the Democrats for losing an Election that they thought they were going to win. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO A PRESIDENT AGAIN!" he wrote in three consecutive tweets.
Trump had no events on his public schedule during the time of his tweets, but is scheduled to travel to the Pentagon later Monday morning for meetings with Defense officials. He will return to the White House in the afternoon, where he will have lunch with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
- McConnell speculates Senate impeachment trial could end by Christmas
- Jennifer Aniston literally broke Instagram with her debut
- Dutch family may have lived isolated on a farm for 9 years
- Complaint: 234,000 voters in Wis. should be purged from voter rolls
- Trump tweets pic attacking Pelosi. She makes it her cover photo
- Trump appears to confirm open secret about nuclear weapons in Turkey
- Brexit breakthrough 'unlikely' on eve of crucial summit
- Sandy Hook father awarded $450,000 from defamation suit