DETROIT - Nissan debuted the Xmotion (pronounced “cross-motion”) concept SUV Monday at the North American International Auto Show.
The study is purely a design exercise with things like a wood dash, wood center console and distinctive seats.
Designers said the floor of the interior is meant to represent a river, and the wood center console symbolizes a bridge across cultures.
Integrated into that center console are a touchscreen up front and a nifty little spinning top-like device suspended by magnets between the rear passengers.
The gallery below highlights many of the features, though don’t expect your new car to have a wooden dashboard anytime soon.
- Giuliani will defy House Democrats' impeachment subpoena
- Homemade bomb explodes on Montana school's playground
- Russian military police patrol line between Syrian, Turkish forces
- Researchers hope DNA test may prove bones were Amelia Earhart's
- Cuba Gooding Jr. pleads not guilty to new charges in sex abuse case
- Zoe Kravitz set to play Catwoman opposite Robert Pattinson's 'Batman'
- Tiger Woods plans to publish memoir titled 'Back'
- Second fall nor'easter in a week could become bomb cyclone