(CNN) - Elon Musk said Tesla plans to offer an electric ATV as an add-on with its new Cybertrucks beginning in 2021.
As if the appearance of the Cybertruck wasn't enough of a shocker at its unveiling Nov. 21, Musk had an extra surprise at the end of the presentation.
"We also made an ATV," he told the audience. Then a rider came out driving an electric four-wheel all-terrain-vehicle with big, knobby off-road tires. The rider then steered the ATV up the truck's built-in ramp, into the truck's bed and plugged it in.
The ATV will be offered as an optional accessory with the Cybertruck, Musk tweeted later. Tesla has trademarked the name Cyberquad for use on ATVs.
On Saturday, Musk tweeted that the ATV would indeed be available at the same time as the truck, which is supposed to go into production in late 2021. Tesla hasn't released any other information about the ATV, such as its price, performance figures or its expected range.
Similar-looking internal-combustion-powered ATVs from Honda range in price from $5,000 to $10,000. Honda frequently shows its Ridgeline pickup carrying Honda ATVs and motorcycles in its bed.
Musk's Saturday tweet also indicated that a two-wheeled Tesla electric off-road motorcycle is under consideration.
"Electric dirt bikes would be cool too," Musk tweeted. "We won't do road bikes, as too dangerous. I was hit by a truck & almost died on one when I was 17."
Some companies, such as Zero Motorcycles and Harley-Davidson, with its new Livewire model, are already making street-legal electric motorcycles. Sweden's Cake specializes in electric off-road motorcycles, but makes some versions that are legal to ride on the street as well.
Musk's tweet implied that if Tesla makes motorcycles, they will not be equipped for riding on public roads.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto