DORAL, Fla. (WPLG) -- It’s something you would hope would be spelled correctly in any situation, especially outside of a school.
But a spelling mishap quickly went viral – and left officials in Doral, Florida, scrambling to correct their elementary mistake.
The slip-up happened in a crosswalk, with “school” being spelled “scohol.”
"It's not a good thing when you misspell school. It's not a good look. At all,” said onlooker Maxwell Easter.
It was ironic enough to go viral, and had people stopping by for selfies.
"My buddy pulled it up on Twitter and saw that someone had misspelled school and we had to come see it for ourselves," Easter said.
The mistake won’t stick around. The City of Doral saw the viral post and responded on Twitter, saying they’re working expeditiously to correct it. They also thanked everyone for bringing it to their attention.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto