DORAL, Fla. (WPLG) -- It’s something you would hope would be spelled correctly in any situation, especially outside of a school.
But a spelling mishap quickly went viral – and left officials in Doral, Florida, scrambling to correct their elementary mistake.
The slip-up happened in a crosswalk, with “school” being spelled “scohol.”
"It's not a good thing when you misspell school. It's not a good look. At all,” said onlooker Maxwell Easter.
It was ironic enough to go viral, and had people stopping by for selfies.
"My buddy pulled it up on Twitter and saw that someone had misspelled school and we had to come see it for ourselves," Easter said.
The mistake won’t stick around. The City of Doral saw the viral post and responded on Twitter, saying they’re working expeditiously to correct it. They also thanked everyone for bringing it to their attention.
- Pelosi calls reporter's question ‘really disgusting'
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- Elon Musk's defense argues caver not harmed by 'pedo guy' tweet
- Pelosi: Obamacare could be path to 'Medicare for All'
- Guatemalan boy who died in federal custody was on the floor for hours
- Hong Kong protesters call for boycott of Mulan live-action movie
- Pelosi: 'I don't think we're headed for a shutdown'
- US sued over collection of social media info from visa applicants