DORAL, Fla. (WPLG) -- It’s something you would hope would be spelled correctly in any situation, especially outside of a school.
But a spelling mishap quickly went viral – and left officials in Doral, Florida, scrambling to correct their elementary mistake.
The slip-up happened in a crosswalk, with “school” being spelled “scohol.”
"It's not a good thing when you misspell school. It's not a good look. At all,” said onlooker Maxwell Easter.
It was ironic enough to go viral, and had people stopping by for selfies.
"My buddy pulled it up on Twitter and saw that someone had misspelled school and we had to come see it for ourselves," Easter said.
The mistake won’t stick around. The City of Doral saw the viral post and responded on Twitter, saying they’re working expeditiously to correct it. They also thanked everyone for bringing it to their attention.
- Weinstein to appear in court Monday on indictment not yet made public
- David Ortiz just posted his first photos since being shot in June
- Rory McIlroy wins PGA Tour Championship
- Arpaio announces bid for sheriff re-election after Trump pardon
- 6 takeaways from town halls with Bullock, de Blasio
- 7 dead after small plane and helicopter collide on Spanish Mallorca
- Disney reveals new details about Star Wars hotel, Epcot overhaul
- Louisiana team wins Little League World Series