(CNN) - Former Destiny's Child singer Michelle Williams has revealed she's now happy and healthy after recently seeking medical help for mental health issues.
"For years I have dedicated myself to increasing awareness of mental health and empowering people to recognize when it's time to seek help, support and guidance from those that love and care for your wellbeing," Williams wrote in a statement posted to Instagram. "I recently listened to the same advice I have given to thousands around the world and sought help from a great team of healthcare professionals."
Williams did not disclose the nature of the condition or conditions for which she sought treatment, but she has opened up in the past about her battles with depression.
Last year, Williams told the hosts of "The Talk" that she didn't realize she'd been suffering from depression until she was in her 30s, despite experiencing symptoms since she was a teenager.
"So many people are walking around acting like they've got it all together and they're suffering," she told the hosts.
She also revealed that at one point she contemplated suicide.
In her statement on Tuesday, Williams assured, "Today I proudly, happily and healthily stand here as someone who will continue to always lead by example as I tirelessly advocate for betterment of those in need."
- 'Pulp Fiction': 25 fun facts in honor of 25th anniversary
- 5 cosas que debes saber este 21 de mayo: Google restringirá acceso de Huawei a su sistema operativo
- Iran refuses Trump's offer of talks unless US shows 'respect'
- Hermeus hypersonic jet aims to fly New York to London in 90 minutes
- Study finds CBD effective in treating heroin addiction