(CNN) - Pat Sajak tweeted for the first time since his emergency surgery last week.
The "Wheel of Fortune" host underwent surgery Thursday for a blocked intestine, canceling a taping session for the show. Vanna White stepped in as host for Friday's taping.
"I'm so grateful for all the good wishes during my recent illness," Sajak's tweet read. "Happy to say that the worst has passed, and I'll be out of the hospital in a day of two, then back to work (unless @TheVannaWhite has completely taken over!)"
White said in a tweet the show without Sajak was like "a word without vowels."
"I'll fill in the blanks until you return," White's tweet read. "Rest up and we'll be solving puzzles in no time. (Don't worry, your job is safe! Well, pretty safe.)"
- Saudi shooter at Pensacola was taking aviation classes
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- Buttigieg releases descriptions of McKinsey projects
- Reddit says UK election document leak points to Russia
- Players pictured under controversial 'Black Friday' headline embrace
- Iran releases American student
- 12 protesters killed in Baghdad
- Farmers stick with Trump over trade