Fans of Elle Woods can get ready for another explosion of all pink everything at the movies.
Reese Witherspoon, who played the character in 2001's "Legally Blonde" and its 2003 sequel told Ellen DeGeneres on her talk show Monday about plans for a third installment.
"We're meeting about it. I mean, we're definitely talking about it. I don't know. Do you guys want to see 'Legally Blonde 3'?" Witherspoon asked the audience. "I mean, it's sort of about women being underestimated and I think it's a good idea -- that things have changed, but not that much has changed!"
The Oscar winner confirmed a third film was in the works last summer with a video of herself wearing a pink bikini and floating in a pool, reminiscent of a scene from the original film.
Witherspoon's company Hello Sunshine is set to produce the movie slated for February release.
The "Legally Blonde" franchise followed a perpetually positive Woods as she pursued a law degree at Harvard University and then later a career in politics. It's unclear what's in store for Woods and what will have her bend and snap all over again.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto