(CNN) - The trailer for Bradley Cooper's anticipated directorial debut is here, and so far, it sounds like a winner.
In "A Star is Born," Cooper stars as a country music singer who comes across an undiscovered talent, played by Lady Gaga, whose voice and potential star power captivate him.
What follows can be seen in the trailer -- an intimate relationship, success and all the troubles that come with both.
This marks Lady Gaga's first leading role in a major motion picture.
It's the third remake of the movie. The original 1937 film starred Janet Gaynor and Frederic March. Two remakes, released in 1954 and 1976, starred Judy Garland and James Mason and Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
Sam Elliott, Dave Chappelle and Andrew Dice Clay star alongside Cooper and Lady Gaga in the new version.
Lady Gaga wrote a number of original songs for the film with Cooper and other artists, including Lukas Nelson, Jason Isbell and Mark Ronson, the studio said.
The movie is set for release on October 5.
This post has been updated to clarify the years of the remakes.
- Trump revokes California's auto emissions standards waiver
- Amber Alert issued for 5-year-old New Jersey girl
- Trump says he's ordering new sanctions on Iran
- British Airways pilots call off second strike
- Mountain lion gets trapped in California home
- Stephen King fan? Get paid $1,300 to watch his scariest films
- Iran's Rouhani comes out swinging against US
- A 'The Princess Bride' remake? Inconceivable!