(CNN) - Jaden Smith could soon be stepping into the Yeezys of Kanye West.
Showtime is currently in development on a limited half-hour anthology series that would star Smith as a young Kanye West, a source familiar with the project tells CNN.
The first season of the show, called "Omniverse," would center on an alternate reality version of West.
The cerebral-sounding crux of the show is not easily explained but would involve the philosophical concepts of perception and Ego.
West and Scooter Braun are set to executive produce, as will Smith through his family's Westbrook Studios.
Lee Sung Jin, currently a co-executive producer on Amazon's "Undone," is set to write.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto