(CNN) - Just in time for a Monday, Sony has released the first trailer for the upcoming film about the late Fred Rogers, "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood."
In the teaser, schoolchildren sing to Rogers on the subway, and we see Tom Hanks dressed as the children's television host on the set of "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."
The film is loosely based on a 1998 Esquire article by Tom Junod, about the effect Rogers' optimistic kindness had on millions of people -- and the initially skeptical journalist himself.
Marielle Heller ("Can You Ever Forgive Me?") directs the film.
"Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" aired for 31 seasons before coming to an end in 2001.
Rogers died in 2003.
"A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" is slated to release in November.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto