(CNN) - Taylor Swift did something bad for the opening of the 2018 American Music Awards Tuesday night.
The singer, who just wrapped the North American leg of her "Reputation" tour, kicked off the show with her single, "I Did Something Bad."
Dressed in a sequined one-piece, Swift strutted the stage with her dancers to the delight of the audience.
And, of course, there was a giant snake -- an emblem Swift has made her own after #TaylorSwiftIsASnake became a thing a few years ago as a diss against the singer.
Tuesday marked Swift's first live awards show performance in three years.
The superstar made headlines in recent days after she endorsed Tennessee Democrats Phil Bredesen and Jim Cooper and encouraged her followers to register to vote.
Swift said that while she had been "reluctant" to voice her political opinions in the past, "due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel very differently about that now."
"I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country," Swift said. "I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. "
Vote.org reported that voter registration spiked after Swift's posting.
- Arrestan a mujer que lanzó a su perro a un lago y lo dejó ahogarse
- Turistas de Estados Unidos, Canadá, Japón y Australia ahora pueden viajar a Brasil sin visa
- 6 semanas del juicio a Nxivm dejan detalles escabrosos: marcaban a mujeres y las presionaban para
- Una persona murió y otras 7 resultaron heridas en un tiroteo durante una fiesta de graduación en
- Argentina official: Cyber attack did not cause massive blackout