Ricky Martin took to Instagram on New Year's Eve to announce the arrival of his first daughter.
In the post, the Grammy-winning Puerto Rican singer known for the 1999 hit "Livin' la Vida Loca," said "We are beyond happy to announce that we have become parents to a beautiful and healthy baby girl, Lucia Martin-Yosef."
Martin didn't include any other details about his new daughter with the post, which featured a closeup of the infant's hands.
🇪🇸Nos emociona anunciar que nos hemos convertido en padres de una hermosa y saludable niña a la que hemos llamado Lucía Martin-Yosef. Esto ha sido sin duda un cumpleaños y celebración de la Navidad única en nuestras vidas. Tanto sus hermanos como Jwan y yo estamos completamente enamorados de nuestra beba y agradecidos de poder comenzar este 2019 con el mejor regalo que podíamos recibir, el regalo de la vida. 🇬🇧 We are beyond happy to announce that we have become parents to a beautiful and healthy baby girl, Lucia Martin-Yosef. It has been a special time for us and we cant wait to see where this stellar baby will take us. Both her beautiful brothers and me and Jwan have fallen in love with Lucia ❤
However, he did say in the post that his family, which includes husband, painter Jwan Yosef, and his 10-year-old twin sons Matteo and Valentino have "fallen in love with Lucia."
Although he's best known as a singer, including his start with the boy band Menudo, Martin earned an Emmy nomination earlier this year for his performance in the FX series "The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story."
However, he lost out to Jeff Daniels for her performance in the Netflix series "Godless."
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto