(CNN) - Nicki Minaj has some imagination. After saying she was collaborating on a song and a video with Adele, it turns out she made the whole thing up.
The "Monster" rapper told Entertainment Tonight on Tuesday that she was working with Adele on a song, adding that she was super excited about the two hooking up.
"Adele made me swear to secrecy that I'm not allowed to tell anyone that I'm working with her," Minaj said. "And that we already shot a video. And it's an epic song! Ahh!"
After fans went nuts on social media, she took it back.
"Omg guys," Minaj tweeted Wednesday with laughing emojis, "I thought everyone could clearly see I was being sarcastic."
She then joked she needed to hire someone in London to go steal some files from Adele's studio in order to make the song happen.
Fans weren't having it, with one even joking she was calling the police.
This comes after Minaj announced in September she was retiring from music.
"I've decided to retire & have my family," she wrote in a now deleted tweet. "I know you guys are happy now. To my fans, keep reppin me, do it til da death of me, (X) in the box- cuz ain't nobody checkin me. Love you for LIFE."
Guess that's not to be believed either.
- Cases made for, against impeaching Donald Trump
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- Chemical attack at kindergarten in China injures 51 children
- US braces for late autumn cold snap
- NYT: EPA plans to limit research used in public health regulations
- Coast Guard searches for two missing boaters
- At least 12 dead after two trains collide in Bangladesh
- Bolivia's former president accepts political asylum in Mexico