(CNN) - Kanye West kicked off 2019 by reaffirming his admiration for President Donald Trump and generally riling up Twitter.
So basically, bringing the old year into the new.
West tweeted "Trump all day" and then followed that with "Just so in 2019 you know where I stand" in case that wasn't clear enough.
The rapper/fashion designer/provocateur has both gained and lost fans due to his support of Trump.
He visited the President in the Oval Office in October, famously wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.
West said at the time, "There was something about putting this hat on that made me feel like Superman."
On Tuesday the rapper tweeted, "From now on I'm performing with my mutherf***ing hat on."
He also doubled down on his love for the MAGA hat.
"One of my favorite of many things about what the Trump hat represents to me is that people can't tell me what to do because I'm black," West tweeted.
Despite saying in October that he was "distancing" himself from politics, West was back tweeting about politics on New Year's Day.
"Blacks are 90% Democrats," he tweeted. "That sounds like control to me."
- McConnell speculates Senate impeachment trial could end by Christmas
- Bill would require Bible study courses in Florida high schools
- Pakistan PM: Trump asked me to be a 'go-between' with Iran
- Kenya launches second phase of billion-dollar Chinese railway project
- Zimbabwe activists bid to stop plan to export 35 baby elephants
- Jennifer Aniston literally broke Instagram with her debut
- Dutch family may have lived isolated on a farm for 9 years
- Complaint: 234,000 voters in Wis. should be purged from voter rolls