(CNN) - Lady Gaga is supporting Cardi B in the wake of negative reaction to the rapper's Grammy win.
Cardi B quit Instagram this week after some critics said her debut album, "Invasion of Privacy," didn't deserve to win best rap album Sunday night.
The win put Cardi B in the history books as the first solo female act to take the trophy.
On Tuesday, Lady Gaga tweeted, "It is so hard to be a woman in this industry.
"What it takes, how hard we work through the disrespectful challenges, just to make art," the singer wrote along with a photo of her and Cardi B laughing together at the Grammys. "I love you Cardi."
The "A Star Is Born" actress also called on others to support Cardi B.
"You deserve your awards," Lady Gaga tweeted. "Let's celebrate her fight. Lift her up & honor her. She is brave."
- Judge halts Calif. law forcing Trump to release tax returns for ballot
- Migrants will again be able to request medical deferments
- Williamson entertained 9/11 conspiracy theories in 2012 interview
- The famous Three Mile Island nuclear plant is closing
- US expels two Cuban diplomats to UN citing national security threat
- Bernie Sanders campaign hits 1 million donors
- Democratic donor Ed Buck to face a federal charge, source says
- Civil rights activist Emily Clyburn dies at 80