(CNN) - Lady Gaga is supporting Cardi B in the wake of negative reaction to the rapper's Grammy win.
Cardi B quit Instagram this week after some critics said her debut album, "Invasion of Privacy," didn't deserve to win best rap album Sunday night.
The win put Cardi B in the history books as the first solo female act to take the trophy.
On Tuesday, Lady Gaga tweeted, "It is so hard to be a woman in this industry.
"What it takes, how hard we work through the disrespectful challenges, just to make art," the singer wrote along with a photo of her and Cardi B laughing together at the Grammys. "I love you Cardi."
The "A Star Is Born" actress also called on others to support Cardi B.
"You deserve your awards," Lady Gaga tweeted. "Let's celebrate her fight. Lift her up & honor her. She is brave."
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto