Los Angeles, Calif. - Katy Perry transformed into a villain -- a Disney villain -- on "American Idol."
Perry went all out to become Ursula, the evil witch from "The Little Mermaid," for the singing competition show's Disney-themed episode Sunday. Her look was spot-on, with white hair and purple skin, and purple and black tentacles attached to her sequined ensemble.
Rather than dressing as Ariel, she wanted to go a different route because she felt the villain never gets enough attention.
"I was thinking about being the Little Mermaid, but then I realized, Ursula is a character who isn't done very much, the Little Mermaid always gets her moment in the sun!" Perry told "Entertainment Tonight" in an interview after the show. "And Ursula, actually, really wants Ariel's voice. And that's what I want, is these contestants' voices!"
She shared photos of her outfit before the episode where contestants sang Disney-related songs to secure a spot in the season's Top 8.
"Tonight there will be some poor unfortunate souls. Tune in to @AmericanIdol now and VOTE!" she tweeted.
Judges Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan didn't follow in Perry's lead on dressing up for the themed night. The male judges wore their usual attire.
Some of Disney's most iconic characters like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck also popped in during the episode.
- Buttigieg accuses Trump of 'eroding the integrity of the military' with possible pardons
- Ex-GOP congressman calls for impeachment, says Trump an 'illegitimate president'
- 'Jeopardy!' champion James Holzhauer passes $2 million mark
- Navajo Code Talker, longtime New Mexico Sen. John Pinto dies at 94
- Flour sold at ALDI recalled after 17 people in 8 states get sick