(CNN) - Katharine McPhee and David Foster are headed to the altar.
The former "American Idol" contestant and the Canadian musician confirmed their engagement on Tuesday.
Foster, 68, popped the question to McPhee, 34, while the two were vacationing in Italy, according to the former "Smash" star.
"He did it at the top of this mountain in Anacapri," McPhee wrote in a text exchange she shared on Instagram. "Totally dark, only stars."
This will be McPhee's second marriage.
Foster has been married four times and has five children. His last marriage was to "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star, Yolanda Hadid.
McPhee and Foster first crossed paths in 2006 when Foster served as a mentor during love songs week in Season 5 of "American Idol," on which McPhee was competing.
- What House investigators have learned from Ukraine interviews
- First all-female spacewalk happens today
- Japan to pardon 550,000 criminals to mark new emperor's enthronement
- Saturday's Brexit vote appears too close to call
- Mattis laughs off Trump criticism
- Deported man reentered US, now charged with murder
- NYC EMT had stroke on job, colleague who tried to help had aneurysm
- Son of Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman at center of shootout