(CNN) - Justin Bieber isn't ready to get into the ring with Tom Cruise.
Bieber challenged Cruise to a fight this week on Twitter, but the pop star apparently is walking it back now. "It was just a random tweet. I do that stuff sometimes," he told TMZ on Wednesday. "I think he would probably whoop my a** in a fight. He's got that dad strength."
It all started when Bieber tweeted, "I wanna challenge Tom Cruise to a fight in the octagon. Tom if you don't take this fight your scared and you will never live it down. Who is willing to put on the fight?"
The internet had a field day with the Biebs' tweet; even former UFC champion Conor McGregor said he'd host the fight.
"If Tom Cruise is man enough to accept this challenge, McGregor Sports and Entertainment will host the bout. Does Cruise have the sprouts to fight, like he does in the movies? Stay tuned to find out!" McGregor tweeted.
Cruise has yet to comment on the proposed battle, but it looks like for now these two will not be throwing punches anytime soon.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto