(CNN) - James Corden teased a "Game of Thrones" plot point on his show, and it ended with him having to take on a Twitter troll.
"The Late Late Show With James Corden" host tweeted a joke from his Monday night monologue using a development from "GoT" to poke fun at President Donald Trump.
But one Twitter user didn't appreciate it.
"'It's f****d up you can't even watch TV without a fat f**k spoiling something," the user said in a now-deleted tweet that has lived on in screen grabs. "Luckily I got to see it before this, but seriously I hope his kid gets cancer."
Corden, the father of three young children, tweeted back, "That is, without question, the single most upsetting thing I think you could ever say about me or my family."
"Please take a minute and think about what you just wrote and whether you want to be a person who publicly says such things," he wrote. "I believe you're better than that x."
When the person tweeted that it was just a joke, Corden responded, "Well I saw your hope for my son."
"My hope for yours is that they never get to read that their mother or father would wish cancer on any child as 'a joke,'" the talk-show host tweeted. "Because however you defend it to them, they'll never be able to understand how you could do such a thing. Night x."
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto