Ellen DeGeneres won the Daytime Emmy Award for best entertainment talk show during the livestreamed awards show Sunday night. The award comes exactly 20 years after her coming-out episode on her previous sit-com.
The 44th annual Daytime Emmy Awards was hosted by Mario Lopez and Sheryl Underwood, the Associated Press reports. The show was streamed live on Facebook where it was watched by 29,000 people, according to Variety.
“The Talk” won for outstanding talk show hosts while ABC’s “Good Morning America” claimed the Emmy for best morning program.
“Entertainment Tonight” won the outstanding entertainment news program while longtime “Entertainment Tonight” host Mary Hart accepted the lifetime achievement award.
The outstanding game show award went to “Jeopardy,” and the outstanding informative talk show award went to “The Dr. Oz Show.”
“General Hospital” won the outstanding drama series award while Scott Clifton of “The Bold and the Beautiful” won outstanding lead actor in a drama series and Gina Tognoni of “The Young and the Restless” won outstanding lead actress in a drama series.
Amazon’s “Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse” won outstanding culinary program, beating “America’s Test Kitchen,” “Barefoot Contessa,” “Guy’s Big Bite,” “The Mind of a Chef” and “Trisha’s Southern Kitchen.”
- Experts question Trump's Turkey rhetoric
- Former NASA scientist says they found life on Mars in the 1970s
- Mark Allen, soldier injured in 2009 search for Bowe Bergdahl, dies
- Year after kidnapping, Jayme Closs says she feels 'stronger every day'
- Ronan Farrow says National Enquirer shredded Trump-related documents
- US troops angered by Trump's Syria policy: 'We betrayed' the Kurds
- Hunter Biden to sit down for TV interview Tuesday
- Many US Nobel Prize winners immigrants