Ellen DeGeneres won the Daytime Emmy Award for best entertainment talk show during the livestreamed awards show Sunday night. The award comes exactly 20 years after her coming-out episode on her previous sit-com.
The 44th annual Daytime Emmy Awards was hosted by Mario Lopez and Sheryl Underwood, the Associated Press reports. The show was streamed live on Facebook where it was watched by 29,000 people, according to Variety.
“The Talk” won for outstanding talk show hosts while ABC’s “Good Morning America” claimed the Emmy for best morning program.
“Entertainment Tonight” won the outstanding entertainment news program while longtime “Entertainment Tonight” host Mary Hart accepted the lifetime achievement award.
The outstanding game show award went to “Jeopardy,” and the outstanding informative talk show award went to “The Dr. Oz Show.”
“General Hospital” won the outstanding drama series award while Scott Clifton of “The Bold and the Beautiful” won outstanding lead actor in a drama series and Gina Tognoni of “The Young and the Restless” won outstanding lead actress in a drama series.
Amazon’s “Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse” won outstanding culinary program, beating “America’s Test Kitchen,” “Barefoot Contessa,” “Guy’s Big Bite,” “The Mind of a Chef” and “Trisha’s Southern Kitchen.”
- Trump revokes California's auto emissions standards waiver
- Trump says he's ordering new sanctions on Iran
- British Airways pilots call off second strike
- Mountain lion gets trapped in California home
- Stephen King fan? Get paid $1,300 to watch his scariest films
- Iran's Rouhani comes out swinging against US
- A 'The Princess Bride' remake? Inconceivable!
- Fernando Ricksen, former Rangers player, dies at age 43