(CNN) - Demi Lovato is slowly inching her way back into the spotlight.
The 26-year-old singer was hospitalized in July after an overdose and has been mostly keeping to herself while she focuses on her recovery.
On Tuesday, Lovato posted a fresh-faced selfie of her in her jiu jitsu gear with the caption, "Sweaty, messy jiu jitsu hair."
After her release from the hospital, Lovato entered rehab. Her latest Instagram post meshes with the approach she has taken as she faces adversity. She has been open in the past about her struggles with sobriety and in August posted a message to her fans on her official Instagram account.
"What I've learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades with time," she wrote. "It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet."
She hashtagged her most recent photo "#BJJ #bluebelt #nevergiveup."
- Trump court pick denounced feminists, gay-rights groups
- Police make arrest in death of retired college administrator
- Appeals court says Colorado elector didn't have to vote for Clinton
- The Amazon is on fire. Here's what that means for the environment
- Miley Cyrus denies cheating on Liam Hemsworth in series of tweets
- New York man crushed to death by elevator at apartment building
- Atacama Desert offers clues about life on Mars
- Meghan's friend calls out 'racist bullies' who abuse duchess