(CNN) - Cardi B is kicking off the holiday season a bit early with some good will.
The rapper handed out free winter coats in Brooklyn, New York on Thursday, where a massive crowd swarmed the "I Like It" performer.
Cardi B, a native of the Bronx, was seen at The Marlboro Houses, a housing project in Gravesend, New York. Her good deed comes as New York was hit with unusually cold temperatures this week.
"I didn't know it was gonna be so big," Cardi B told WABC about the large crowds who braved the chilly temperatures to see her. "My home boy Chuck, he told me, 'Hey, let's give out coats to our community, I know somebody who wants to give out coats in Marlboro,' and I said, 'I'm pulling out, what's up?'"
It's been a big year for the artist, who gave birth to her first child this summer, a daughter who she named Kulture Kiari Cephus, with her husband and fellow rapper Offset.
She also won big at the BET Hip Hop Awards earlier this week and took home four awards, including MVP of the Year and the Made-You-Look Award for best hip-hop style.
Cardi B is also reportedly in talks to play Fran Drescher's daughter in a potential reboot of Drescher's popular '90s sitcom, "The Nanny."
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto