(CNN) - The tech-loving characters on "The Big Bang Theory" are about to find themselves severely star-struck.
The comedy series has booked Microsoft founder Bill Gates to guest star as himself in an upcoming episode, CBS and Warner Bros. tell CNN.
In the episode, Penny (Kaley Cuoco) will find herself hosting Gates at work, and her friends go to great lengths in their effort to meet the billionaire innovator.
The episode is set to air in late March.
"The Big Bang Theory" frequently recruits figures from the science, tech, engineering and math fields to appear as guest stars. Some have included astronaut Buzz Aldrin, Stephen Hawking, Telsa founder Elon Musk and Apple's Steve Wozniak.
This, meanwhile, is not the first sitcom-guest role for Gates. He previously appeared as himself on "Frasier" in a 2001 episode.
"The Big Bang Theory" returns with new episodes March 1st at 8 p.m.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto