(CNN) - The tech-loving characters on "The Big Bang Theory" are about to find themselves severely star-struck.
The comedy series has booked Microsoft founder Bill Gates to guest star as himself in an upcoming episode, CBS and Warner Bros. tell CNN.
In the episode, Penny (Kaley Cuoco) will find herself hosting Gates at work, and her friends go to great lengths in their effort to meet the billionaire innovator.
The episode is set to air in late March.
"The Big Bang Theory" frequently recruits figures from the science, tech, engineering and math fields to appear as guest stars. Some have included astronaut Buzz Aldrin, Stephen Hawking, Telsa founder Elon Musk and Apple's Steve Wozniak.
This, meanwhile, is not the first sitcom-guest role for Gates. He previously appeared as himself on "Frasier" in a 2001 episode.
"The Big Bang Theory" returns with new episodes March 1st at 8 p.m.
- Mark Allen, soldier injured in 2009 search for Bowe Bergdahl, dies
- Year after kidnapping, Jayme Closs says she feels 'stronger every day'
- Ronan Farrow says National Enquirer shredded Trump-related documents
- US troops angered by Trump's Syria policy: 'We betrayed' the Kurds
- Experts question Trump's Turkey rhetoric
- Hunter Biden to sit down for TV interview Tuesday
- Many US Nobel Prize winners immigrants
- The Saddleridge fire near Los Angeles is 43% contained