(CNN) - At the end of this month, a new chapter will be added to "The Dark Crystal" story beloved by many.
"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance," Netflix's prequel to Jim Henson's 1982 film, centers on a fight for the survival of the planet Thra against the evil Skeksis.
The trailer released Tuesday gives the fullest look yet at the upcoming series. True to Henson's legacy, the show utilizes classic puppetry but marries it with modern visual effects, for a pretty stunning-looking result.
The series features an impressive line-up of voice actors, like Taron Egerton, Caitriona Balfe, Helena Bonham Carter, Eddie Izzard, Harvey Fierstein, Andy Samberg and Sigourney Weaver as The Narrator.
"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" debuts on Netflix on August 30.
- Pelosi calls reporter's question ‘really disgusting'
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- Elon Musk's defense argues caver not harmed by 'pedo guy' tweet
- Pelosi: Obamacare could be path to 'Medicare for All'
- Guatemalan boy who died in federal custody was on the floor for hours
- Hong Kong protesters call for boycott of Mulan live-action movie
- Pelosi: 'I don't think we're headed for a shutdown'
- US sued over collection of social media info from visa applicants