(CNN) - At the end of this month, a new chapter will be added to "The Dark Crystal" story beloved by many.
"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance," Netflix's prequel to Jim Henson's 1982 film, centers on a fight for the survival of the planet Thra against the evil Skeksis.
The trailer released Tuesday gives the fullest look yet at the upcoming series. True to Henson's legacy, the show utilizes classic puppetry but marries it with modern visual effects, for a pretty stunning-looking result.
The series features an impressive line-up of voice actors, like Taron Egerton, Caitriona Balfe, Helena Bonham Carter, Eddie Izzard, Harvey Fierstein, Andy Samberg and Sigourney Weaver as The Narrator.
"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" debuts on Netflix on August 30.
- Weinstein to appear in court Monday on indictment not yet made public
- David Ortiz just posted his first photos since being shot in June
- Rory McIlroy wins PGA Tour Championship
- Arpaio announces bid for sheriff re-election after Trump pardon
- 6 takeaways from town halls with Bullock, de Blasio
- 7 dead after small plane and helicopter collide on Spanish Mallorca
- Disney reveals new details about Star Wars hotel, Epcot overhaul
- Louisiana team wins Little League World Series