(CNN) - At the end of this month, a new chapter will be added to "The Dark Crystal" story beloved by many.
"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance," Netflix's prequel to Jim Henson's 1982 film, centers on a fight for the survival of the planet Thra against the evil Skeksis.
The trailer released Tuesday gives the fullest look yet at the upcoming series. True to Henson's legacy, the show utilizes classic puppetry but marries it with modern visual effects, for a pretty stunning-looking result.
The series features an impressive line-up of voice actors, like Taron Egerton, Caitriona Balfe, Helena Bonham Carter, Eddie Izzard, Harvey Fierstein, Andy Samberg and Sigourney Weaver as The Narrator.
"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" debuts on Netflix on August 30.
- Trump attacks whistleblower in now-removed tweetstorm
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- South African cyclist injured in scuffle with park rangers
- Elon Musk says Las Vegas tunnel hopefully will be operating by 2020
- At least 5 people died in small plane crash near Louisiana airport
- Thai Navy SEAL dies from infection he contracted during cave rescue
- Federal judge denies bid to undo Georgia voter purge
- Trans activist killed in Toronto